Monday 28 March 2016

ABSEILING 100FT FOR CLIC SARGENT

I have spent the past few months managing a fundraising event for CLIC Sargent. Last year I went for an interview for a fundraising manager role and unfortunately didn't succeed, this turned out to be brilliant because I was offered some work experience and training instead to improve skills and learn about managing fundraising and events. Part of the work experience was organising a sponsored abseil in Bournemouth and last Saturday was the big event day! Myself and my fundraising manager, Joy were so excited and the turnout on the day was amazing! 
We had 39 people sign up which was brilliant and think the event has roughly raised around £8,000. I met a lot of inspirational people who were really brave and encouraged me to the the abseil myself. I'm not going to lie, I was so so scared of doing the abseil as just before the event started I walked to the top of the tower to look over the edge and scared myself since. The worst part of doing the abseil was standing onto the edge of the church and leaning over...it was awful and I thought I was going to fall! The guy who helped me was so reassuring and made me feel so safe I don't think I could have done it without his reassurance. 
I will update you with our total amount raised from this event when I find out. After managing this event I have realised that Fundraising is definitely a career I want to hopefully get a job in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Well done for organising the event, doing the abseil and helping to raise such a large sum. Good luck in your job search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for organising the event, doing the abseil and helping to raise such a large sum. Good luck in your job search.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! I am in the office today and we don't have the total raised yet but it's even more than we expected. Thank you again! xx

      Delete