Friday 30 October 2015

PUMPKIN AND HONEY FACE MASK

Think again when you are about to chuck your pumpkin carving insides into the bin!     This evening I was carving my pumpkin for Halloween, you may think it's a bit too early but there is a reason for this, I am going to the caravan for a long weekend with family and friends. We are a family who go all out for seasonal events such as Christmas, Easter and Halloween and every year we dress up and have some sort of party. This year about 50 of our family and friends are going to a caravan park to stay over Halloween weekend and we have decided to have a pumpkin competition so I thought I would get it done at home rather than struggle to when I am in a caravan. 
Gosh I do babble on don't I?!

Me and Mum decided to oven roast some pumpkin seeds to eat and it led me to researching what you can make with the inside of the pumpkin other than the obvious... pumpkin soup. I read that Pumpkin has many benefits for your skin and found a simple handmade pumpkin mask online to try it out for myself.
Ingredients 
- 1 table spoon of cooked pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey ( I used Manuka honey)

Firstly instead of using 1 table spoon, I used all the pumpkin I carved out because I read you can keep in in the fridge for up to 5 days. 

Instructions
Blend the cooked pumpkin with honey and apply to your face for 15 minutes.





















 I tend to leave face masks on until I can be bothered to take it off. It's entirely up to you :). When I first put it on I wasn't expecting it to work but it soon dried into my skin and when I took it off, my face felt amazing. 
I stored the rest of the mask into a jar and into the fridge and am looking forward to using it again over the next few days. 
Let me know if you have tried this before and what did you think? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm slightly obsessed with handmade face masks ! I never thought of finding a way to use the left over pumpkin but this would be brilliant ! 'm definitely going to try this tonight once I've finished craving my pumpkins !

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never made my own face mask and this was amazing! I think I am going to try a Christmas one soon as i'm feeling really festive! Did you try this mask in the end? Hope you are well lovely!

      Love Elisha xxx

      Delete