Friday 19 September 2014

Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

This month is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in the UK. If you are already a follower of my blog you are probably aware of the charity who supported me and my faimily, CLIC Sargent as I have previously written many blog posts about this amazing charity. For any new readers who are not aware of who CLIC Sargent are, you can read here. Since being diagnosed I have a huge will to want to give back and help others and that is why I started to write my blog in the first place. I think that If I can help just one person by doing this then I have achieved a goal. Little did I know that it would be such a success and I have now had over 23,000 views. That is what keeps me motivated to regularly update my blog, I don't get paid for it and It does take a lot of time but it is something I really enjoy doing and by people reading and following encourages me more to stay motivated than ever.
Anyway, before I get carried away too much, this post is about helping to raise awareness to support Childhood Cancer. CLIC Sargent are the UK's leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families. This year CLIC Sargent are asking people to wear a gold ribbon to show their support for people and their families affected by cancer. There are available in a lot of local places such as JD weatherspoons, Lidl and local CLIC Sargent charity shops. You can also buy one online here
If anyone lives local in Plymouth please contact me as I have a box of them at my house. You can also text GOLD to 70030 to donate £3 to CLIC Sargent
I love to help and raise as much money as I can for CLIC Sargent. Last year myself and my family took part in the, we had lots of fun and managed to raise £223 . Last week I helped my friend Pete with his bucket collection and it is amazing how generous people are. I am doing another one this week at our local Morrisons, Plymstock with my family and you can get involved to! 
If you want to be involved in the Big Bucket Collection you can sign up here 

No comments:

Post a Comment