Wednesday 26 February 2014

Fundraising

All the support CLIC Sargent have gave us has encouraged me and my family to fundraise for them.  They have supported us since my diagnosis and we feel it is our time to give back. 
They are a charity who support children and families who have been diagnosed with cancer. We have raised money for CLIC over the past few months.

Big Bucket Collection
Me and mum signed up to take part in the Big Bucket Collection in November. December is Childhood cancer awareness month and thousands of volunteers around the UK take part in a winter bucket collection. They happen at all different venues supermarkets, train stations and shopping malls. We had to do ours at our local Tesco. We had buckets, banners, signs and stickers.  It was a surprise to us how many kind people donated their money.  After 7 long hours of collecting, our grand total was £223.

My Aunties 40th Party
My auntie had a party for her 40th on Christmas Eve. We thought this would be a great way to try and raise some money for CLIC. There were CLIC collection buckets at the party and on her invitations she mentioned that any presents or cards people would have bought for her to donate the money instead. We managed to raise a total just over £200 this night.

My 21st Birthday 
For my 21st birthday this year I had a party. I thought that this would be a great way to raise some money for CLIC Sargent. There was some collection buckets around so people could donate what they wished, one family member put a cheque in my card for CLIC which I was really appreciative of. Overall we raised just under £130 which is brilliant. 

 The Grand Total Is........
£557.25

How Amazing!

We are not stopping here and are going to continue to raise money for this great charity. 
If any family and friends have any ideas where they could help raise money. Feel free to contact me. 


 


Always Smiling x

No comments:

Post a Comment