Friday 26 April 2013

Anthony Nolan Trust

If you have read my previous blogs you will see that I recently had a stem cell transplant from my brother to save my life. I was very lucky to have my brother as a match for my transplant. Unfortunately not everyone has siblings and if they do there is only a 1 in 4 chance that they are a possible match. In this case, people have to have unrelated matches from an unrelated donor. This donor could live anywhere in the world and could save your life. I know two people who have had unrelated transplants and their donated cells came from a German donor. The problem with this is not everyone can find a match as there are not enough people signed up to the Anthony Nolan register. 

It is simple to do just go to http://www.anthonynolan.org/ and fill out the application , they will then send you a pot to spit in where they store your DNA and if you are ever needed for match you have to go to your hospital and have your cells taken read my blog Stem Cell Transplant as it will explain in more detail. I want to make people more aware of Anthony Nolan. I
f you can save a persons' life while you're alive yourself why not? 

PLEASE SIGN UP!



No comments:

Post a Comment